Sunday, December 11, 2011

From Our Home to Yours

So, we finally decorated our Christmas tree on Friday night.  I know, I know - we are a bit late getting it done, but at least it is done and now we can sit back and enjoy it. 

The Before...

The kids were very excited about it...or maybe more so about the popcorn I put out to munch on while we did it.  Mallory could have skipped decorating altogether and just had popcorn, I think.


So...back to the decorating.  I was very excited to let the kids help hang up ornaments - although they could only handle the non-glass ones and we had to go behind them and make a little space between them, since they tend to think that ornaments look best hung together, like grapes on a vine. :)



Benny the Elf was hanging out and observing, just like he always does. 


And the end result - I like to call it our "Christmas Corner."


And just some more decorations that I took photos of during the DAY - something that is possible while kids are napping! 






I love our little entryway decor (my husband made this table, by the way)...


Remember those Christmas pillows I showed you how to make?



And this is another Christmas pillow I made.  It was so easy and I love it!


Love these holiday vinyl decals on our stairs! 



Also loved the idea of using a party prop from Mallory's birthday party to display our Christmas cards.  SO cute!


And one last look at the outside entryway...



I hope you all have a great time decorating your homes for the holidays! 

(I would also like to thank Chuck for putting up 98% of these decorations! Love him so much!)

1 comment: