Thursday, December 1, 2011

Introductions

To start this blog, I feel like I need to introduce you to the people who make my life crazy (in a good way) - my kids Alex & Mallory.  That's right, like the TV show "Family Ties," which was no coincidence by the way.  What can I say?  I love Alex P. Keaton. 

This is Alex, my soon-to-be (like in 3 days!) four year old.  He loves cake, among other things.  But, mainly cake.  I think he is the smartest and cutest little blue-eyed boy that I know. 

And this little doll is Mallory.  Mallory Valentine to be exact.  We were nervous to put that on her birth certificate, but I am so glad that we did.  She is as unique as her name and she just turned two in October.  She is also a little bit of a hellcat.  The smile hides it.
 
They love each other almost as they love fighting with each other.  And we love them so very much.  Life without them would be boring.  It would be quiet, yes.  But it would be boring.  

And of course, I have to introduce my husband Chuck.  We have been together since high school.  We actually went steady for a time in middle school, but he did something to irritate me and I "didn't like him" for a few years.  I got over it.  We went to our high school proms together - and no, you won't be seeing those photos - worked at the same places together and went to college together.  After nine (that's right, I said NINE) LONG years of dating, he asked me to marry him on Christmas Day 2002.  We were married a year and a half later, in a beautiful church with all of the important people in our lives there to witness it (all 7 minutes of the ceremony).  It was one of the best 3 days of my life.  We just go together.  I have never, since middle school, pictured myself with anyone else in this life.  He is my best friend, a great husband and partner and a wonderful father to our kids.  I grew up without my father and I am so very thankful to see our kids have that relationship that I didn't.  I love him more than life.

When I am with him, I am home. 


(Photos courtesy of Holly Kittle Photography - http://www.hollykittlephoto.blogspot.com/)

1 comment:

  1. One of my very favorite families!!! Love the way you talk about Chuck...so sweet! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete