Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hello December!

I know we are already a few days into December, but can I just say how crazy it is to me that Christmas is LESS than 20 days away??  I am feeling the pressure - gifts to buy, things to sew.  Not to mention the fact that Alex's birthday was Sunday the 4th, Chuck's is the 19th and the father-in-law's is the 22nd!  Craziness! 

I also totally skipped over Alex's birthday!  When in the world did he turn FOUR?


It is so crazy how soon you forget what they were like as babies.  We adapt and get used to how they are "now" and those memories from the past are fleeting.  It is bittersweet - our kids growing up.  You want to stop time yet you want them to advance forward - learning new things and becoming more independent.  I do remember that he was a wonderful baby with wild, wispy blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes.  The hair has tamed down, but the eyes are still the same. 

And those eyes...when I look in them I remember. 

(Photo courtesy of Holly Kittle Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment